You can get the baseline protection for your device by the antivirus software Windows Defender. It is as per the guidelines of the Microsoft and completely compactable with the Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. It is the similar application like the one you access in the Windows 7, Vista and XP as the separate downloads in the device for the Microsoft Security of the system.
Windows Defender is the antivirus software which protects the system from the virus, malware, spyware, hackers and other threats. But by the access of the Windows Defender in the system, it slows them down the system. Preventing the system for the installation of some files, software and may also block some of the tasks. If as a user you need to perform such tasks which your system window 8, 8.1 doesn’t allow you. Then you can disable the Windows Defender. To make sure that you can perform the work you want.
In the article below you will grab the information regarding how to disable the Windows Defender in Window 8. It will help the user of window 8 to perform the specific task which they earlier can’t perform. So read the article carefully.
Disable Windows Defender in Windows 8 by App settings
If your system slows down while using the internet then you can disable the Windows Defender. You can save time and perform all the function which the Windows Defender blocks by disabling it.
The steps to disable Windows Defender in Windows 8 is as follows in the steps. You can easily perform the steps to disable Windows Defender.
- Visit the Start screen.
- You can also search for the Windows Defender in Run option available on the start screen.
- Then you will see the Administrator option, click on the option.
- Thereafter you will approach the next page
- Click on the Turn on this app present in the right tab.
- The user has to untick the box in order to Windows Defender.
- Thereafter click on Save Changes.
- The user has to confirm the changes.
- After that, the user will get the message as follows:
Windows Defender disabled/ Turn off
- So it means the Windows Defender has been disabled in your device.
Later if you complete your task. Or if you wish to enable the Windows Defender. You can make use of the steps above. You can visit the control panel. Then visit the Control Panel\System and Security\Action Center.
After that click on the Turn on this app option. Tick the box present in front of this. Then the Windows Defender is turned on. The user will get the message.
Windows Defender Turn on
Disable Windows Defender in Windows 8 by Group Policy
The user can also deactivate the Windows Defender Antivirus permanently. Using the Group Policy for Window 8, 8.1 the Windows Defender can be disabled.
- Click Start.
- Then Click on the Computer Configuration and then select the Administrative Templates option.
- After that Click to select Windows Components.
- You will then find the Windows Defender.
- Then click on setting to Turn off Windows Defender.
- Click on enable option, and then click on OK.
Disable Windows Defender in Windows 8 by Services
As a user the third method to Disable the Windows Defender for Windows 8,8.1. You can make use of the service option to get the windows defender disabled. The steps for the same is as follows:
- Search for the services.msc.
- You can search for it using the Run.
- Click on Windows Defender Service.
- Open the properties of Windows Defender Service.
- In properties, the general option, Visit the startup type.
- Click on startup type.
- Select the Disabled option by clicking on the drop box arrow.
- Then hit the OK option.
- To make the setting change effective restart your system.
You can make use of the procedure above to disable the Windows Defender. Perform your task. Then again you can enable the Windows Defender whenever you desire to. As it will now help you access the file easily. No risk of slow downloads. Saves the time of the user.