Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware feature is the inbuilt feature you can get in Windows 10. It protects the PC/ Computer from unwanted spyware, ransomware, viruses, malware, and hackers.
Due to the inbuilt feature, you cannot access the specific functions as the access is not allowed by the device. In order to perform the special function, you have to stop the Windows Defender Antivirus. So then only you are able to perform the tasks, which otherwise are blocked by the Windows Defender Antivirus due to the security policies.
In the article below you will get the information about various methods to deactivate the Windows Defender. You can opt any of the methods to uninstall or deactivate the Windows Defender. So read the article to gain three simple methods to deactivate the Windows Defender in Windows 10.
How to deactivate Windows Defender in Windows 10 using Windows Security?
If you want to perform some task then you no need to Windows Defender Antivirus. You can deactivate Windows Defender Antivirus. To deactivate the security defender temporarily in your Windows 10 PC. The steps to deactivate are as follows:
- Click on Start.
- Then the user has to Search for Windows Security.
- You can find it in settings.
- Then select Open Windows Defender Security Center option available.
- Then Click on Virus & threat protection option.
- You will get the Manage settings option below the Virus & threat protection settings.
- Thereafter the user has to click Real-Time Protection. Similar is with the Cloud-Delivered Protection and Automatic Sample Submission in order to deactivate the Windows Defender.
As soon as you deactivate the antivirus will disable the real-time protection. Allowing the user to install apps, or perform a specific task, which earlier you were not able to perform due to security features. It blocks the actions.
Later if you are completed with your task you can enable the Windows Defender by clicking on turn on the option. It is the easy and best option for the user to deactivate the Windows 10 antivirus.
How to deactivate Windows Defender in Windows 10 using Group Policy?
The user can also deactivate the Windows Defender Antivirus permanently. Using the Local Group Policy Editor for Window 10 the Windows Defender can be disabled.
- Click Start.
- You have to search for the gpedit.msc.
- The user can search for gpedit.msc using the run by pressing Win + R.
- Thereafter click on the Computer Configuration and then select the Administrative Templates option.
- Click on Windows Components.
- After that double click Windows Defender Antivirus.
The path for the same is as follows:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender Antivirus
- Then you will approach the Windows Defender Antivirus.
- The user has to double Click to Turn off the Windows Defender Antivirus.
- At last click on enable option, Apply and then click on OK.
As soon as you complete the above procedure, Windows Defender in Windows 10 will deactivate. You can perform your task but deactivating the Windows Defender can lead to a threat to your device.
In case you desire to turn off then you can repeat the same and turn on Windows Defender.
How to deactivate Windows Defender in Windows 10 using Registry?
The use of the Registry is a bit risky as if the steps not performed accurately can lead to loss of data. So you can keep the backup data before you proceed with the method to Deactivate Windows Defender in Window 10.
Steps for the Deactivate Windows Defender in Window 10 are as follows:
- Click to Start.
- Then Search for regedit
The path to deactivate the Windows Defender. You can copy the path below to reach the same.
- Then the user has to Right-click the Windows Defender.
- Thereafter, select New, and then click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Click to name the key as DisableAntiSpywar.
- Then click on the OK option.
- The user has to change the value from 0 to 1 for which open the newly created DWORD.
- Change the value.
- Again click on the OK option.
- Then the user has to Restart the device.
Now your PC is free from Windows Defender Antivirus. You can enable the same if you desire by repeating the same procedure to Turn on Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10. The user has to delete the DisableAntiSpyware to again protect the PC with antivirus.