With the growth of digitization, security has become one of the most concerning part of any organization. Each and every organization either big or small, they all are aware of what can happen if they will not take care of their security system.
Microsoft is one of those organization whose operating system used by more than 80% users all over the world. And to protect their system from illegal activities and provide full security services to their users it has provided an inbuilt antivirus software in windows operating system name desactivar windows defender.
Windows defender is an antimalware software (antimalware service executable) that has been included in the Windows operating system to protect your data from different kind of viruses, worms, spyware and many more types of threats.
It provides real-time protection means it continuously keep eye on each and every activity happening in your system and if it detects any illegal activity or any unwanted program (viruses) trying to enter in your system while you are connected with the internet, automatically it will stop them.
There are multiple scenarios when you might want to deactivate the default windows defender antivirus of your system, for example, running another suit of antivirus on your computer.
But deactivating windows defender permanently using the given preferences in the application in the latest version of windows operating system like windows 10 is not possible and that’s why today in this article I am going to share different methods that how you can desactivar windows defender permanently.
Why Desactivar Windows Defender Antivirus?
As already I have mentioned above that windows defender is an inbuilt antivirus of Windows operating system which provides full protection to your system.
There are some scenarios when you might need to desactivar windows defender permanently in your system which is not possible using the given preference in the application.
And this is because the implementation of windows defender in windows 10 is different than the previous version. You cannot deactivate windows defender as a permanent solution in windows 10 using given preferences.
But it doesn’t mean that you can’t desactivar windows defender permanently, there are some methods available which allow you to deactivate it as a permanent solution.
But before we discuss the permanent solution of deactivating windows defender let’s discuss those scenarios first…
Installing a third party tool
While installing third-party antivirus software in the system it becomes necessary to desactivar windows defender because it doesn’t work nicely with other antiviruses and start creating conflict for each other.
And it’s not only with windows defender, whenever you will install two antiviruses at the same time in the same system with real-time protection they will generate conflict for each other and waste lots of resources like CPU, disks
Fail to install updates
Sometime windows might fail to install updates of the windows defender antivirus and that can put data of your system in a danger.
Let me tell you that antiviruses are just a collection of some defined viruses installed in your system and when any virus defined in an antivirus software attack from the outside, it detects and blocks that virus.
But if any undefined virus in an antivirus software attack on your system, it would not be able to detect that. And antivirus updating process keeps your antivirus software with all updated viruses and that’s why keeping your antivirus up to date becomes a necessary task.
So, that if your system fails to update your windows defender then I would suggest deactivate it and use a third party antivirus to provide full protection to your system.
Now let’s discuss those different methods for deactivating windows defender permanently in your system…
How to Desactivar Windows Defender Antivirus Software
In this section, I am going to share the three most effective way of deactivating windows defender antivirus software in your system.
You will get all three methods works properly in your system if you have installed all the latest updates of your system. But if you are missing an option then just connect your system to the internet download all the latest updates.
So, these are those three methods which I am going to discuss today in this article…
1. How to deactivate windows defender using the Registry?
2. How to deactivate windows defender using Group policy?
3. How to deactivate windows defender using the Setting app?
Let’s begin one by one…
How to Desactivar Windows Defender Using the Registry?
So, before we go ahead let’s know a little bit about the Registry…
Windows registry is like a hierarchy based database available in all versions of Windows operating system which saves all the settings of windows operating system and software installed in your system. Using windows registry you can customize windows operating system in your own way.
Now, let’s see how to desactivar windows defender using Registry settings…
Warning: while editing the windows registry first take the backup of registry and only then start making changes otherwise it can cause to format your computer system. Here is, how to take backup…
1. Open registry.
2. Right click on the folder you want to back up.
3. Click on export and save it into your computer.
Now go ahead…
1. Type “run” in the start menu or press Windows+R to open the Run software.
2. Once Run box appear type “regedit” in the box and hit enter to open the windows registry editor. As you will hit enter one pop up box will appear with ‘yes’ or ‘no’ option, click on yes.
3. If you have done above two steps properly then now you are on the windows registry editor page where you can some necessary folders where all your system settings are stored.
4. Follow this path “HKEY LOCAL MACHINE-> SOFTWARE-> Policies-> Microsoft-> Windows Defender” and expand the folder to desactivar windows defender successfully.
5. Now right click on the “Windows Defender” folder and one drop-down list will appear with multiple options. And then select “New”.
6. One more drop-down list will appear, click on “DWORD (32-bit) Value and in the right side one window will appear with the blue and white file”.
7. Enter “DisableAntiSpyware” as DWORD file appears and hit enter.
8. Double click on DisableAntiSpyware, one pop up window will appear.
9. Replace the value data with ‘1’ and click ok.
10. Once you complete all the steps successfully, restart the system and when the computer will turn on again, you will get window defender deactivated.
11. And whenever you want to activate your windows defender folder again, follow the steps given below…
- Open window registry editor.
- Follow the path “ HKEY LOCAL MACHINE-> SOFTWARE-> Policies->
Microsoft-> Windows Defender” and open windows defender
- Double click on “DisableAntiSpyware”.
- One pop up will appear, change the value from ‘1’ to ‘0’ and click ok.
- Restart your computer. You can delete the “DisableAntiSpyware” file
if you don’t want to desactivar windows defender later.
So, this is the first method for deactivating windows defender using the windows registry editor, now let’s move for next one.
How to DesactivarWindows Defender Using Group policy?
Group policy provides the same feature like windows registry but the only thing which differentiates group policy from windows registry is its GUI. It provides full
GUI environment to their users to control and configure settings of windows operating system.
So, let’s see that how you can desactivar windows defender using Local Group
1. Type run in the start menu or press windows+R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Once Run dialog box open, type gpedit.msc in it and hit enter to open the local group policy editor.
3. In the left side of the screen you will see some folders, click on computer configuration-> Administrative Templates-> Windows components-> windows defender antivirus.
4. Once you reach on the given path, on the right side click on the ‘turn off the
windows defender antivirus’.
5. One another window will open where it will ask you to ‘enable’ or ‘disable’
the service. You have to select the ‘Enable’ option to disable the windows
6. Then click apply and then ok.
7. Once you completed all the steps given above successfully, restart the system.
8. Finally, if you want to re-activate the windows defender, just follow the path given above and click on diable.
So, this was the second method of deactivating windows defender using local group policy editor.
As you might have seen that the windows defender icon still available in the taskbar and this is because the icon is a part of windows defender security center not the part of antivirus.
These two methods which I have discussed above can be used when you need to desactivar windows defender as a permanent solution.
But if you want to desactivar windows defender on a temporary basis then use the third method which I am going to discuss now…
How to Desactivar Windows Defender Using Setting App?
This is one of the easiest methods for deactivating windows defender but this is not the permanent solution.
You should use this option only if you want to desactivar windows defender on a temporary basis.
We will see the windows deactivating process for both versions of the Windows operating system, Windows 10 and 7. There is a little different process used for both operating systems because of its GUI.
Deactivate Windows Defender in Windows 10
1. Click on the start menu option in the left down corner of the screen.
2. Then click on setting option appears on the left side of the screen.
3. Once you click on setting, it will take you on another window where you have to look for update & security option. Once you find, click on it.
4. One another window will open where in the left side click on windows defender.
5. Click on open windows defender security option.
6. Now windows defender security center will appear, click on setting located in the left down of the window.
7. Then click on Virus & threat protection setting link.
8. You will see an option Real-time protection header with a toggle button. Click on toggle button to turn the feature off. But remember it’s a temporary deactivation so that whenever you will restart your computer windows defender will automatically turn on.
Deactivate Windows Defender in Windows 7
In windows 7 if you want to run a third-party antivirus then you have to completely disable the windows defender compulsory.
And here is how you do it…
1. Open start menu, search windows defender, once appears to click on it.
2. It will take you on another window where you will be seeing so many tools and setting but you have to click on option only.
3. One another windows will open, click on administrator shown in the left pane of the window. Then check the box ‘use this program’ shown in the right side of the menu and then click on save.
4. And finally, it will show you a message that successfully you have turned it off.
Here is one amazing feature exist in windows older version which you immight not get in windows 10 when you install any third-party antivirus software in windows older version, windows defender automatically get disabled till the third party antivirus exists in the system. And as you uninstall third-party antivirus from your
system, it automatically gets enabled too.
Let’s wrap up…
Windows defender is one of the best antivirus provided by the Microsoft as an inbuilt feature in the Windows operating system which protects your system from all kind of threats and illegal activities and provides real-time protection to your system.
But sometime when you need some advance level of antivirus software to provide more protection to your data which windows defender can’t do. So, before you install any third-party antivirus software in your system, first you should
deactivate the inbuilt windows defender antivirus otherwise both antivirus will run together and create conflict for each other. And this can be the cause to waste lots of your computer resources like CPU, RAM, disks etc. and make your system slow down.
Deactivating windows defender in the latest version of windows kindly a difficult task and that’s why above I have discussed three different and easiest way of doing this task. So, go and check out the full article.